Ions can do strange things to you. Have you ever been to a waterfall or walk in the forest or country-side and feel good from the fresh air you breathe? Actually, it is the negative ions in the air that give you the good feeling.
What are ions?
Ions are invisible particles that bear electric charge. All atoms and molecules have electrons circulating within the body. When atom or molecule loses one or more electrons, it becomes positively charge and when it gains one or more electron, it becomes negatively charged.
What are the benefits of negative ions?
- Negative ions neutralize free radicals, thereby, protecting the body cells from destructive attacks by the free radicals that lead to aging and diseases.
- Negative ions are easily absorbed via the lungs and skin and carried by red blood cells. This increase blood circulation and send more oxygen and nutrients around the body.
- Negative ions absorbed in the blood also reduce serotonin level in the body, leading to reduced headaches, nausea, heart palpitation, fatigues, apathy and depression.
- People generally feel lively, uplifted and enthusiastic.
Where can you get negative ions?
1) Natural Environment
You can find negative or positive ions in the environment and in the air we breathe. Depending on the location, the amount of positive and negative ions in the air varies:
|Location||Negative Ions||Positive Ions||Total Ions
(number of ions per cubic centimeters)
|Clean mountain air||2000||2500||4500|
|Normal land air||1500||1800||3300|
|Before a storm||750||1500||3250|
|After a storm||2500||750||3250|
|Typical office room||150||200||350|
|Closed moving vehicle||50||150||200|
Notice that you can get more negative ions in the mountain than on land. The amount of negative ions drop drastically in an office environment.
Also see how the negative and positive ions vary before and after a storm. The low negative ions or high positive ions cause people to be prone to illness, as well as aches and pains in the joints. Now, it makes sense how some people feel aches in the joints and can predict an impending storm.
So, visit the mountain, waterfall and country-side more often in order to breathe in more negative ions.
You can get negative ions generator equipment that electromagnetically charges the air into negative ions.
Dr. Igho H. Kornblueh, of the American institute of Medical Climatology, demonstrated the effect that atmospheric ions can have on human beings. He placed the machine that generated negative ions in a hospital room with a man sitting in the room on a hot summer day. Shortly after the machine was turned on, the man was alert and refreshed. Dr. Igho turned the machine off and switch on another that generated positive ions. The air quickly became stale, the man felt lethargic, his eyes smarted and his head began to ache.
You can also get negative ions from food. Negative ions generate alkalinity in the body creating and maintain an ideal pH range of 7.35 – 7.5 for optimum cellular functions.
The foods that generate negative ions are:
- Vegetables – cabbage, broccoli, sweet potato and green beans.
- Fruits – berries, apples and citrus fruits.
- Nuts and seeds– almond, walnuts, pine seeds and sunflower seeds.
- Supplements – chlorophyll and Spirulina are excellent nutrients that help to generate negative ions in the body.
Start getting healthy with good negative ions from your environment or from your food. You will feel alert, refreshed and fully alive!
If like this post, you can receive more by filling in the form at the right side and you will get more tips and information coming your way.