Kidney is one of the important organs for detoxification. Wastes produced from the body metabolic process are carried by the blood to the kidney and undergo series of filtration before they are excreted in the urine. The kidney processes 190 liters of blood to filter 1.9 liters of waste products and extra water for excretions.
The kidney performs other functions:
- Regulate the composition of blood
- Maintain a constant level of various ions such as sodium, calcium and potassium.
- Maintain the volume of water in your body
- Remove wastes such as urea, drugs and other toxins
- Maintain the acid-base balance of the blood
- Regulate blood pressure
- Stimulate the production of red blood cells
You can take good care of the kidney just by eating healthy diets of plenty of fruits and vegetables as well as drinking plenty of water.
Other things you need to do to care for your kidney are:
2) Keep cholesterol level in check. The risks for kidney disease are common to the risk for heart disease. Therefore, high level of bad cholesterol ( LDL and triglycerides ) will increase the risk of kidney failure
3) Stay in healthy weight and BMI range. Overweight or obesity increases the risk of kidney disease due to the high cholesterol, triglyceride and sugar in the blood.
4) Avoid smoking, excessive alcohol and caffeine.
When you have lower back pain, it is a symptom of kidney stones. Kidney stones are formed as a result of crystallization of calcium oxalate that has been separated from the urine.
The way to prevent kidney stones is to drink plenty of water and reduce salt intake. People who are prone to getting kidney stones should avoid oxalate rich food such as beer, spinach, nuts and potato.
The best way to cleanse the kidney is to drink plenty of water. Doing a bowel or colon cleanse can also help the cleansing of the kidney.
You can go on a juice fasting diet to cleanse the kidney. Eating watermelon the whole day is one form of juice or fruit fat. However, do not try this if you are diabetic, as watermelon is high in glycemic index.
There are some herbs that are promoted for kidney cleanse. However, there is no scientific evidence of their effectiveness.
If you like this, I have many more. So, go ahead to the right hand side of the page and sign up for more information coming your way!