It is very common that when you want to lose weight you start to exercise and cut back on your diet.
If you find that no matter how much less you eat and exercise and still does not result in any weight loss, here are the reasons why and what you need to do.
1) Very low-calorie diet is starvation diet
You should only reduce your calories intake by 20% from the usual diet. A diet with calories 1000 kcal or below will put the body into starvation mode. This cause the body metabolism to slow down in order to conserve energy due to the lack of energy input from food. The body holds onto the fat in an effort to survive on lower calories input.
2) Hormonal balance
Hormonal balance in the body is disrupted. The altered hormonal message can cause fat cells to store fat non-stop and preventing fat from being used as fuel. This energy deficit triggers hunger and increase in appetite, which leads to overeating and obesity.
See Balance Your Hormone For Weight Loss for more information
3) Right nutrition
Establish the right composition for weight loss at 30% protein, 30% fat, 40% carbohydrates and 25% fiber.
- Protein – Digestion of protein burns more calories. Choose from plant-based protein, which is low in saturated fat, high in fiber and antioxidants.
- Fat – Good fats such as Omega-3 can help to lose weight.
- Carbohydrate – Avoid white carbohydrates and choose complex carbohydrate from fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Fiber – Provides bulk and make you feel full.
- Avoid processed foods as they are low in nutrition, high in saturated fat and trans fat, sugar and salt.
4) Exercise with more intensity
If you have not started exercising, start now. If you have been exercising, increase the intensity and duration of your work out. If you have been walking regularly to lose weight, try walking faster and walk uphill. For weight training, use heavier weights.
Doing the same exercise everyday, the body may get used to and burn fewer calories. So, trick your body by doing new exercises.
A healthy weight loss is about 1-2 lb per week. Be patient and manage expectation. After all, it took you years to gain all the weight. So, do not expect to lose it just in a few months.
If like this post, you can receive more by filling in the form at the right side and you will get more tips and information coming your way.