If you weight loss journey has been yo-yo for a number of years, either going on a restricted diet, or trying out different diet drinks or pills, it is likely you are deficient in a number of vitamins and minerals.
Vitamins and minerals are essential micro nutrients that contribute to a healthy life. They are not manufactured in the body and are required only in small amount. This is why they are called micronutrients.
Here are the important vitamins and minerals that help weight loss:
1) Vitamin D
I have covered the importance and benefits of Vitamin D in my earlier post. When combined with calcium, Vitamin D helps to regulate fat cells and shrink them. Vitamin D and calcium also regulate blood sugar. This is important because high blood sugar, cause high insulin level in the blood and this promote fat storage.
2) Vitamin B
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) – Helps the body to process carbohydrates, fats and protein to provide energy. It also aids in nervous and muscular functions and electrolyte flow. Natural source of Vitamin B1 are brown rice, egg yolk, nuts and peanuts.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) – It is the most effective Vitamin in increasing metabolic rate. It helps to regulate thyroid, which is important for regulating the body metabolism. Food rich in Vitamin B2 are almond, diary, and green vegetables.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) – Helps the body to burn fat and carbohydrate. Eggs, leafy vegetables and meat are rich in Vitamin B3.
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) – Vitamin B12 is popular as a metabolic booster as it acts as an extra source of energy. It helps you to digest food faster and quickly burn fat and glucose. Meat, diary, eggs and fish are rich source of Vitamin B12.
3) Vitamin C
Vitamin C helps the body convert glucose into energy and stops the fat from being stored in the body. A study by the scientist in the Arizona State University found a link between the amount of Vitamin C in the body blood stream and how fast the body burns fat into energy during exercise. People who consume the right amount of Vitamin C burns 30% more fat when exercising.
4) Choline and Inositol – Lecithin
Choline helps the body to mobilize fatty acids. Deficiency in choline results in fat getting blocked. Inositol work with choline to metabolize fat.
Both Choline and Inositol are found in lecithin, which disperse fat in the blood and allowing the fat from being flushed out.
- Iodine – Iodine stimulates the thyroid gland. Thyroid is important for regulating the body metabolic rate. Chlorospirulina and sea kelp are food that is rich in iodine.
- Chromium – Chromium is important for increasing the insulin sensitivity, processing the carbohydrates and. This helps to regulate blood insulin.
If you have not done so before, you should try it. That is taking multivitamin and supplements containing the ingredients as mentioned.
What vitamins are you taking? Share with me in the comment box below.
If like this post, you can receive more by filling in the form at the right side and you will get more tips and information coming your way.