Noni plant is native of South East Asia, Australia and the Polynesian islands. Natives from these areas have used the plant for thousands of years for its health benefits. It was only the last 10 years that noni has become widely popular as the super food for good health.
Noni fruit contains many nutrients and the main nutrients are carbohydrate, fiber, Vitamin C, niacin ( Vitamin B3 ), Vitamin A, iron, potassium, calcium, phytochemicals and organic acids.
What makes noni a super food?
Noni contains a large amount of proxeronine, which is the precursor of xeronine. An enzyme converts proxeronine into xeronine. Xeronine was discovered by Dr. Ralph Heinicke, to be essential for protein to function properly. Thus, noni has the benefits of healing the body at cellular level.
Proxeronine and xeronine has the following functions:
1) A diet poor in fruits and vegetables will not provide the body with the source of natural enzymes that help digestion. Xeronine helps to activate dormant enzymes in the small intestines to enhance the digestive functions.
2) Xeronine protects and keeps the shapes and suppleness of protein molecules so that they can pass through the cell membrane and be used to form healthy tissues.
3) These nutrients enlarge membrane pores and allow larger chain amino acids or protein to be admitted into the cells
4) Converts brain receptor into active sites for the absorption of endorphin the feel good hormone.
Other beneficial nutrients in noni are:
- Scopoletin – Regulate blood pressure. Increase low blood pressure and decrease high blood pressure
- Damnacanthal – Prevent cancer cells proliferation by controlling the cell division.
Therefore, noni can help to treat the following health issues:
- Regulate blood pressure
- Reduce menstrual cramps
- Gastric ulcer
- Improve the mood and alleviate mental depression
- Reduce total cholesterol and triglycerides
- Relief for pain
- Wound healing
- Combat fatigue and increase energy.
For noni to be effective, it must be taken half an hour before breakfast. The stomach acid and enzyme pepsin will destroy the enzyme that releases xeronine. It should not be taken with coffee, tobacco and alcohol too.
The biggest problem with noni is that the original fruit has a terrible taste. That is why commercially prepared noni, be it in the form of juice or powder, is treated with sweetener or flavour to enhance the taste.
Start taking noni now to get optimum health. If you have already started, do share with me what benefits you felt from noni.
If you like this post, you can receive more by filling in the form at the right side and you will get more tips and information coming your way.