Health and sex go hand in hand. Every nutrient required for good health is also necessary for good sex.
To achieve sexual performance involves good nerve functions, healthy hormonal level and unobstructed blood flow to the sexual organs.
Therefore, a basic healthy lifestyle of healthy diet and regular exercise provide the foundation of good sex. Here are 5 ways you can do to get good sex:
1) Healthy diet
Antioxidants in fruits and vegetables as well as Omega-3 essential fatty acids from good fats, prevent plaque build up, which clogged up the arteries and affect blood flow to the penis that can cause erectile dysfunction.
Omega-3 also interacts to enhance the generation of prostaglandin hormone that helps to dilate blood vessels and increase blood flow.
Cut down on processed foods, trans fats and saturated fats as they cause build up in plaques and affect blood flow.
Regular exercise helps to strengthen the heart, improve blood circulation. Exercise energies the body and prevent fatigue and depression, which can affect sex drive. Regular exercise produces endorphin, which is the “feel good” hormone.
The simplest form of exercise is walking. Walk briskly for half an hour daily will do wonders in getting your blood flowing and making you energetic for the day. Yoga gives flexibility to the body and enhances energy and blood flow. Any form of exercise is great as long as you do it regularly.
3) Avoid alcohol and smoking
Nicotine in cigarettes promotes plaque formation and clogging of arteries. This is a condition called atherosclerosis and it can affect blood flow to the sexual organs.
Alcohol may provoke desire for sex initially but it takes away the sexual performance because alcohol shrinks the testes in men.
4) Manage diabetes and weight
Excess glucose or blood sugar in diabetes damages the lining of blood vessel and nerves. You can lose sexual feeling and be unable to respond to sexual stimulation. A lack of sexual desire or weakening of erection or climax may be warning signs of early stage diabetes.
If you are overweight or obese, it is critical that you work on getting to the ideal weight. Being overweight increases the risk of high cholesterol that clog up blood vessels impacting blood flow. Fatigue and lacking of energy is also another phenomenon that affects libido and sexual performance.
With good diet as the foundation, supplements will help to complement and enhance the nutrients required for sexual performance.
- Vitamin B complex – Helps to dilate blood vessels. Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) stimulates gonadotropin hormone that evokes sexual appetite. Vitamin B2 ( Riboflavin), helps the mucous membrane that line the female reproductive tract.
- Vitamin A and E– They are known as the “sex vitamin” because they are essential in the production of male and female hormone.
- Zinc – It is needed to make sperm and helps with prostate health in men.
- Selenium – Helps to increase male potency and sex drive.
- Maganese – It promotes nerve function and helps with the pituitary gland where sex hormones are manufactured.
- Magnesium – Increase sex hormone production and neurotransmitters that boost sex drive.
As you can see that a foundation of a healthy lifestyle from good nutrition, regular exercise and a dose of supplement, it can get you going having good sex.
Do you know of any other nutrients that help you with your sex drive? Share with me in the comment box below.
If like this post, you can receive more by filling in the form at the right side and you will get more tips and information coming your way.